A Tea Party... A Tea Party...

love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea

"A Tea Party" is the kind of movie - not quite ubiquitous, but not exactly rare either - in which the accidental connection between a lonely city dwellerand his dolls is given a magical glow of serendipity and seeks out mystical patterns in the drab fabric of modern existence. It mostly avoids the self-conscious cuteness that is the inevitable side effect of whimsical surrealism, and it explores difficult feelings without descending into easy sentimentality. The dominant emotion experienced by the movie's character seems to be disappointment - the vague, drifting sense of expectations slowly deflating under the pressure of everyday life - but the film's spirit is refreshingly playful and sweet!

MRat responds:

I know that analysis was a joke, but I honestly intended for that sentiment.

Almost Home Almost Home

JimmySavage approved

Good shit, buddy. If it wasn't for your shameless self promo I would never have seen it. Nice quick animation for the throat cut and nice pause afterwards which gives time to let it all set in -almost forced a laugh out of me.

ConAir responds:

Star Wars: Old Wounds Star Wars: Old Wounds

Great work!

I love the character design. I'm a fan of Batman The Animated Series and it seems you've adopted a similar style. The entire animation looks great. At some points the vioce acting was a little dull. For example, Owen should have been yelling to warn to cloaked figure who was running towards the farm. The rest of the sound is excellent. You're tweening, perspectives and action positions are outstanding. I've always enjoyed your shorts.

My Velouria My Velouria

Excellent

Very smooth animation and great style. Very nicely done. Plus a good song by my favorite band.

Identity (2006) Identity (2006)

Great work!

I'm not sure if you mean it literally when you say "the style of humor i invented" or "animation style i created." Both the "humor" and animation style are not original. They may be seen less than other styles, but unless you're a lot older than you say you are, you didn't invent them. Albeit, your project isn't unoriginal.

Apart from that, which has nothing to do with my score, I found it to be very enjoyable. You did a fantastic job with the animation and perspectives - really a pleasure to watch. I'm usually a fan of dark humor but I didn't see any. The scene that came closest to having it was with the main character vomiting on the road kill (human sized hamster), which could be funny on it's own, but isn't in context with the rest of the very serious short. Without the humor, it's pretty dry. That's not a big deal, seeing as humor is personal opinion and others seem to think it's funny. I enjoyed concentrating on the art and animation.

Good luck. Hope your teacher gives you a critique with some helpful advice.

Peda responds:

i thought reaching into a public toilet was pretty funny- seeing him wince XD

Im sorry bout coming across so big-headded bout the 'inventing' thing. What i really tried to do was meet the aspects together to create the style as a whole. Of course every aspect was already invented, dark humor, simple drawing, style of animation, but it was the combination and strict discipline in keeping these strong is what makes my style unique. Well, thats how i felt and what inspired me to make it :)
Thanks for the review :D

Kitten Apocalypse Kitten Apocalypse

First part was fantastic. Great humor, great animation, great situation and characters.
As for the second part, it looks like you're in a difficult position. Most people don't enjoy that type of humor. The people who do may not think it's creepy enough to be very funny. It's right in the middle. Most people may not have found the humor in the first part, but you have the great animation/violence/and action to back it up.

SickDeathFiend responds:

YOur pretty much right, but again I dont really give a damn if alot of people like this movie.
Its based on an inside joke anyway.

Interuption Interuption

Looks good

This is a good looking short. The animation is a little stiff. The boy's running loop could use more frames and during the beginning pan, the wind mill doesn't match up with the ground. The crash looks great. Hearing the truck roaring towards the boy builds the anticipation and suspense. I really like the look of the truck driver. Nice style and color. You also did well integrating real backgrounds into the animation. The quote isn't profound or enlightening, and in fact like someone has already said, is a bit silly. Maybe the translation is a little off. Either way, good short.

What Can Be Changed What Can Be Changed

Very good

Everything was great and very well put together. Hopefully your animation will convince or remind people to be more considerate and solicitous. You chose excellent perspectives and though your short doesn't heavily rely on animation, what's there is very precise and nicely done. Top-notch.

PS Kevin Spacey?

.:Foamy:. &amp;lt;3 Mexico .:Foamy:. <3 Mexico

Laughed my ass off. Nice job and nice bouncy titties.

Foamy, The Making of Foamy, The Making of

Pretty good

You achieved your goal --- spending no time making this simple animation and receiving a higher score than IllWillPress and I had no problem helping you reach that goal. The topic is nothing new but you did a nice job putting it together. It's amazing how many people are Foamy fans, almost every review shows an overall rating of 2 or below. Where's their sense of humor? Your description of IllWillPress' process is pretty acurate, and he always receives high scores and has endless fans. Seems like the fans would realize this and be able to laugh at it, they know what they're watching. Hey, it's fine if you enjoy Foamy, but be realistic. On its own this animation wouldn't stand up very well, but considering the subject matter and the fact that it was deliberately done quickly and really couldn't be done anyother way, I gave it a higher score.